- Student’s learn the elements of art, including color, form, line, shape, texture and value.
- Art theories and artist studies are explored.
- Our school’s innovation hubs allow students to work with various art mediums, recyclables, wood working tools, sewing and fabric, and technology. Tool safety, techniques and the design thinking process are core to our Makers philosophy.
- Our art/makers teacher coordinates with C-PBL teachers to integrate student capstone projects within the innovation hubs, as model making is an aspect of project-work.
- Students explore music theory, learning the elements of music, including rhythm, pitch, dynamics, form, timbre, and texture.
- Famous composers and contemporary music genres are explored.
- Students learn the piano, and then choose a string instrument, the cello or violin.
- Our music teacher coordinates with C-PBL teachers to integrate relevant cultural and time-period music within lessons.
- Theater is also offered in combination with our music program, allowing for the opportunity of scripting, writing, and performing school musicals.
- In preparation for competitive sports, students engage in the eight elements of physical education. This includes cardiovascular endurance, local muscle endurance, strength, strength endurance, power, flexibility, balance and agility.
- We also focus on the mind body connection, through yoga and meditation, learning self-regulation skills.
- Our PE teacher coordinates with classroom teachers to incorporate dance within C-PBL projects, exploring global cultures.
- Students learn Spanish, through the 6 elements of language learning. This includes vocabulary, speaking, listening, grammar, reading, and writing.
- Through a project-approach, our language teacher explores Spanish-speaking countries, where students explore cultural elements, including language, cuisine, music, and other customs.
- Students also have an opportunity to explore their own cultures, through an in-depth project, that culminates in a heritage luncheon.
- Students learn the five areas of social-emotional development, and the corresponding skills. This includes self-awareness, self management, responsible decision making, relationship skills, and social awareness.
- Equally, students explore the 21st century literacies, including financial, civic, health, and technological.
- Students learn responsible technology use, including web-safety and typing through key-boarding without tears.
Chef and Organic Goals
Chef and Organic Goals
Our Bonita Springs school chef holds a Bachelor of Arts in Food and Beverage Management. He joined our program in 2017.
Our school strives to increase the percentage of organic dairy, proteins, fruit, and vegetables within our school meals. This includes snacks and school lunches.